- The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski. I haven’t finished it yet, but I already want to read it again. It’s the only book that has come close to my love for Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.
- Allergy-Free and Easy Cooking: 30-Minute Meals without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Fish, Shellfish, and Sesame. More on that tomorrow.
- A friend inspired me to reorganize my recipe book, and now it is in fantastic shape—indexed and everything!
- Running to prepare for a 5K at some point this year. Who am I?!
- Kicking up the intensity on reading the Catechism, not only as a means of practicing the Church’s Year of Faith, but as a Lenten intention. I should finish it in the Easter season, if not before then. A lot of the theology is hard to wrap my head around, but it’s opening my eyes and my heart in fruitful ways.
- Starting each day with a fruit smoothie, rather than just orange juice. Turns out, the best way for me to eat fruit is to drink it. I’ve even started adding spinach, which Jacob insists is lettuce.
- Holding firm to my work-free maternity leave. There have been a couple of things I’ve wanted to take on, but being faithful to my promise to my family and myself has meant more intentional time with them. It also means . . .
- . . . I’ve had time to keep working on my latest novel edit. I’ve said it a number of times before, but I think it might finally be ready to go out into the world. Think good thoughts! Pray good prayers!
What do you love this week?
a 5k! That’s going to be awesome! have you ever done one before?
Not yet! We’ll see how it goes! Can’t decide if my goal will be to finish in 30 minutes or to run the whole thing. I’ll have to do the second to achieve the first. Even city walking isn’t that fast!