Today I’m excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Dragonfly Dithers! Thank you! The Liebster Award is one that recognizes new blogs worth reading (and those with less than 300 followers). Upon acceptance of the award, a blogger must:
- List 11 random facts about him/herself.
- Answer the questions that were asked of him/her (by the blogger that nominated him/her).
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs.
- Notify the bloggers of their award.
- Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award.
Here we go!
- My favorite children’s book is Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt. I still haven’t seen the movie.
- My favorite adult book is Gilead by Marilynne Robinson. Ordinary things made extraordinary—beautiful.
- I tried NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), but only managed 25,000 of the 50,000 words required to claim victory. Maybe having a two-month-old at the time made this harder than it needed to be.
- While interning at Abrams Books for Young Readers, I met Tim Gunn. I was wearing a shirt I got on sale for $3 at Old Navy.
- Someday I hope to have a dog named Gutenberg.
- I like to watch The Biggest Loser, because I love to see people making positive changes in their lives.
- I like to watch Project Runway, because I love to see people grow and learn from constructive criticism (I could do without the occasional mocking).
- I own a minivan. We call him Frankie.
- I only listened to oldies until I was about ten years old.
- One of my favorite movies is Sister Act.
- Once spring hits, I get a hankering to watch The Sandlot with a glass bottle of Coca-cola by my side.
Here’s what was asked of me:
- How old do you feel?
I feel exactly as old as I am!
- What’s your favourite time of day?
In the summer, my favorite time is the evening—when it’s still light out after dinner and it feels like time just goes on and on.
- What do you like to do on long weekends?
Spend time with my husband and kids. Sneak in more writing time. Drink a latte. Go for a run in the park with my family.
- Do you like to spend time outdoors?
Yes! I have two little boys, so I spend a lot of time outside.
- When you read a book, do you peek at the last few pages to see how it turns out?
Not if I plan to finish the book. If I’m not invested enough to finish, but still curious about the plot’s resolution, I’ll look.
- If you are a writer, do you like to write longhand–with pen and paper– or immediately on your computer?
Computer. I write notes and outlines in longhand sometimes.
- Are you an animal lover, or you detest them?
I like them, so I guess I’m in between.
- Favourite dessert?
New favorite: chocolate-chip-cookie-covered Oreos. Mind-blowing.
- Ideal job?
Exactly what I do! Raising my kids at home while writing and freelancing around our family’s schedule.
- Do you eat out a lot?
About once a week, we order in for at-home date night.
- Top 3 things you would do if you won a million dollars?
- Donate a good deal of it to organizations that provide for people’s basic needs.
- Help those in need pay off debts to get on their feet.
- Eat sushi to celebrate!
For my nominees, I’m selecting the first eleven bloggers to follow WILWWN:
And here are the questions for those bloggers:
- How long have you been blogging?
- If you’re writing something other than your blog right now, what is it (title/genre/one-line synopsis)?
- Would you self-publish? Have you self-published?
- Are you a good proofreader?
- Which do you prefer, writing a first draft or editing it?
- Coffee or tea?
- Where do you like to write?
- What was your favorite book when you were a kid?
- What was the best book you read last year?
- If you were published, would you use a pseudonym?
- Have you ever entered a writing contest?
Thanks again to Dragonfly Dithers and to those who follow WILIWWN.
More next week. Until then, happy writing!