They say you learn something new every day. Our vacation last week was about ten days long. Here’s what we learned.
- If you plan to vacation in the same place two years in a row, at the end of the first week you should make a list of everything you forgot . . . so that you don’t forget it all again the next time.
- It is impossible to eat too much chocolate. You can try, but you will not succeed.
- Similarly, it is impossible to barbeque too often in the summer.
- After that barbeque, it helps to have a professional ice cream scooper in the family. Perfect cones, every time.
- Sweet Jersey corn is indeed one of the sweetest things on the planet.
- If you can’t find the name brand, the CVS version of Benadryl will work to counteract the mysterious allergic reaction that is wreaking hive havoc over half of your baby’s face.
- It is possible to play a full round of golf with a rolled ankle, if you ice it in advance and then wrap it up.
- Aunts, uncles, and grandparents are the greatest babysitters in the world.
- Reading on a lounge chair in the sun while the baby is napping is like a sneak peek of heaven.
- And, just as I suspected last year when I was pregnant on vacation, having a smiley baby to dress up in a swimsuit and slather with SPF 50 sunscreen and then play with in the company of brothers, sisters, parents, and friends is a dream come true. Even if he cries in the pool.
Summer is officially here!
You’re making me excited about our vacation with family. Glad to see your little boy did well on your trip 🙂
[…] What We Learned on Vacation This Year Calendar […]