They say you learn something new every day. Our vacation last week was about ten days long. Here’s what we learned.
- If you plan to vacation in the same place two years in a row, at the end of the first week you should make a list of everything you forgot . . . so that you don’t forget it all again the next time.
- It is impossible to eat too much chocolate. You can try, but you will not succeed.
- Similarly, it is impossible to barbeque too often in the summer.
- After that barbeque, it helps to have a professional ice cream scooper in the family. Perfect cones, every time.
- Sweet Jersey corn is indeed one of the sweetest things on the planet.
- If you can’t find the name brand, the CVS version of Benadryl will work to counteract the mysterious allergic reaction that is wreaking hive havoc over half of your baby’s face.
- It is possible to play a full round of golf with a rolled ankle, if you ice it in advance and then wrap it up.
- Aunts, uncles, and grandparents are the greatest babysitters in the world.
- Reading on a lounge chair in the sun while the baby is napping is like a sneak peek of heaven.
- And, just as I suspected last year when I was pregnant on vacation, having a smiley baby to dress up in a swimsuit and slather with SPF 50 sunscreen and then play with in the company of brothers, sisters, parents, and friends is a dream come true. Even if he cries in the pool.
Summer is officially here!